Allowing your children online can be quite scary. Here are some safety tips to help keep your kids safe online.
- Set up limits for which online sites your children can visit and for how long.
- Spend time surfing the Internet with your children and let them show you what they like to do online.
- Place your computer in a high-traffic common area of your home.
- Set up a plan to monitor mobile devices such as cell phones, gaming devices and iPods.
- Keep an open dialogue with your children about online safety.
- Know who is connecting with your children online. Use tools like Kids Email to know who is contacting your child.
- Let your children know they can come to you if they see anything online that makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Tell your children that they can’t give out any personal information like name, address or school.
Remember your kids’ best online protection is YOU!
(Visited 549 times, 1 visits today)