Most families have computers in their homes. It’s important that while kids use them for communication, learning and fun that they are taught about dangers of the web. Here are some ideas to help you protect your kids online.
- Place the computer in a central location in your home. That way you can easily monitor the internet use.
- Sit down and make guidelines with your family. Create time limits, where kids can go online and what web sites are appropriate.
- Teach your children to keep their personal information private. Things such as address, phone number, school name or location should never be revealed online unless with permission.
- Talk to your kids about their internet experiences. The more open you are, the more likely they will come to you if they encounter an uncomfortable situation.
- Use a safe email account like Kids Email so you can monitor their messages.
- Learn how to block objectionable material. Know what parental control tools can and can not do and how they work.
Are there ways that you keep your kids safe online? If so, we’d love to hear about it!
(Visited 489 times, 1 visits today)
If you need advanced parental control that records everything children do online (including Facebook) , and blocks inappropriate websites, and does linguistic analysis detect dangerous behavior –
such as internet predators or cyberbullys –
look into McGruff SafeGuard’s Parental Control software:
You might remember McGruff “The Crime Dog” – Take A Bite Out of Crime – from your youth.
For FREE iPad/iPhone parental control, check out http://www.GoMcGruff.com/browser
Ah, this looks like a great service to protect kids! Thanks for sharing.
I think it’s true, you reap what you sow. However, children nowadays are more aware and are critical thinkers compared to earlier times. Their level of understanding and composure is truly appreciable. However, we as parents can take several steps on our part, since we are parents and being protective about our children comes naturally to us.
Perhaps, it is my pleasure to introduce you to the http://www.adorablekidsclub.com , it is one such platform, where your child can socialise with their peers. It enables kids to learn internet surfing in a peculiar yet controlled platform, where they learn, share and thrive beside socialising with their peers.
Join Adorable Kids Club today and bridge the gap between the internet and your child in the best possible way.