We all enjoy the feeling of being happy. It would be nice to be happy all the time, but sometimes we don’t have control of it.
Here are 10 tips to being more happy! These are great tips you can teach your children as well, as we can all benefit from being more happy!
10 Tips to More Happiness:
- Get Outside: Spend more time outside, nature can calm your nerves and bring happiness to your soul.
- Free Hugs: Hug someone you love! Hugging releases oxytocin which can increase your mood!
- Gratitude Attitude: The more grateful you are, the better you feel. Listing 10 things you are grateful for can quickly alter a grumpy mood.
- Be Present: Be in the now, when you take time to live fully in the present, life gets better in every way.
- Let it Go: As hard as it may be, it’s important to let negative things go – try replacing those thoughts with the positive things you have in your life.
- Move: Get out and move that body, exercise can greatly alter your mood.
- Serve: Helping other people out is a quick way to feel more happiness.
- Love Your People: Spend more time with the people you love, if these people are far, a phone call can help you feel more connected and loved.
- Smile: Smiling is contagious, as hard as it may be some days try turning that frown upside down.
- Meditate: Spend some quiet time alone, just close your eyes and focus on your breath. Taking time to relax can bring great happiness.
“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” Buddha