July 22, 2013
One of the greatest benefits to KidsEmail is the way it teaches kids to write in complete thoughts. They aren’t confined to a character count like social media or cell phones. They can develop their thoughts and write them out and change them without worrying if they are running out of space.
By encouraging your kids to use their email even if it’s only to write emails to family you are building their ability to communicate in the future. Whether that’s high school, college, or the workforce they will eventually thank you for your encouragement. Studies show that kids who are introduced to email at an earlier age have far greater success as they advance in school.
At KidsEmail we believe so completely in this principle that we are holding semiannual young author competitions for our members! The winners will have their stories shared with all of their KidsEmail family and their book will be illustrated by a professional artist!
Here are some guidelines to enter:
1. You must be a registered user of Kids Email
2. Each child can submit 1 Short Story
3. The child can determine the content
4. The book will be around 15 pages illustrated, so the child can determine the length as long as it would fit in that amount of pages.
5. The story must be e-mailed to: young email@example.com FROM the child’s Kids Email account
6. Contest runs now until December 15, 2013.
Good Luck! We would encourage kids to write several stories and make sure to send only their best work, you have plenty of time!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org